Leadership • Experience • Accountability • Accessibility
Stacey is a proven, effective leader with hands-on experience who is:
*Successfully navigating 2 city appointments by the current officeholder (PIAC & NTDF)
*Advocating for neighborhoods best interests
*Seeking & supporting good development projects (housing & commercial)
*Promoting local businesses and area employers
She’s going to build upon her hard work and new ideas for our city when she gets to city hall. Because of her vast experience and knowledge of the workings of city hall, knowing key staff members and department directors, she will be ready to get to work on our behalf on important city council issues on Day 1. That will be important with half of the city council being newly elected. We are in the middle of major projects, and we need Stacey’s steady, experienced leadership.
We should judge our political candidates by what they are doing to serve our community today. Not simply on future promises.
Real Estate Agent/Broker – ReeceNichols REALTORS – Country Club Plaza office
Real estate licenses –Kansas Salesperson & Missouri Brokers license – 30+ years
Top 20% of agents in sales production in my office
M.A. Marketing & Management (Dual Degree, Webster University)
B.A. Psychology, Communications/minor (University of Missouri-Kansas City)
CITY & COUNTY APPOINTMENTS:
- Appointed by current 6th District at large councilman (Scott Taylor) to these 2 City of Kansas City committees. (Former 6th district councilwoman Cathy Jolly originally appointed me to NTDF):
- Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund (NTDF, 6th District/South KC) – We hear and evaluate grant application presentations from organizations for events that generate tourism dollars for our city & promote citywide neighborhood involvement. We make budget recommendations to the city council. $1-2million+ budget
- Public Improvement Advisory Committee (PIAC, 6th District/South KC) –Elected Vice Chairman by my peers. We evaluate citizen & all city department (including capital improvement infrastructure) project applications & GO Bond projects – written and in-person presentations, and then make budget recommendations to the city council for the city’s 5 year budget. $70+million+
- Red Bridge Area Planning Committee (City of Kansas City/ South KC) – We created guidelines to establish shared principles to be used for the development of the community related to zoning decisions and future land use.
- KCMO Housing Policy Task Force – We were tasked with developing a 5 Year Housing Policy plan for the entire city. We got input from community members and various housing advocates & developers across the city
- Jackson County Board of Equalization (recent past) –Appointed by the Center School District in South KC – We hear and decide property tax appeals from citizens & commercial businesses w/the goal of accurately equalizing values.
My Efforts to Eliminate Homelessness & Support Housing Development:
- Heart of American Standdown for Homeless Veterans – (Since 2011-Present) I serve on the Donations Committee. We provide 400+ homeless and at risk military Veterans access to resources, services, clothes, toiletries, haircuts and other necessities twice a year. We offer them a hand up to get back on their feet & seek donations from the community.
- Center School District Community Impact Project – Invited to participate as an active community leader on a new task force created to solve a major problem for the district and students. We have implemented a long term mentoring program intended to impact each of the approximately 2,500 students in the South KC district eventually.
- Impact Center Schools. I am a community leader that is tasked with eliminating homelessness with the team. We are seeking resources to support the 200 homeless, or at risk, students to end homelessness in 3 years.
- Impact Hickman Mills – Community project to eliminate student homelessness amongst the 500 students in South KC
- Swope Community Builders –(Through April 2018) Board of Directors, Secretary. The mission is to revitalize & develop affordable & quality residential projects in urban core neighborhoods as well as support services. I was the Government Affairs/Community Outreach Committee Chair
- Michael’s Veterans Place (Apartments) –Board Member. We provide housing and on-site support services for 117 formerly homeless and disabled Veterans. We are planning for Phase 3
- Home Builders Association (HBA) –in South KC, Sales & Marketing Council Member
Workforce Development Task Force Committee Chair –We are identifying resources to help builders overcome the labor shortage issue (including carpenters & framers)
- Assembled & leading coalitions of KC rental housing providers/landlords to address the shortage of affordable, quality housing
Neighborhood Development & Community Support Positions:
- South Kansas City Alliance – Board Member/Founder. (Through 2018) Served as the first President, successfully built this alliance (of neighborhoods, businesses, education and faith based institutions & individuals) dedicated to a unified vision for South Kansas City through sustainable economic development, building quality, safe and healthy communities as we highlight our community as a wonderful place to live, work, do business and play. Through regular community meetings & special events and a variety of guest speakers from across the city/state kept citizens plugged in.
- Center Planning & Development Council –Board Member. Vice President. Umbrella organization of 30+ South Kansas City neighborhood groups and organizations. We engage neighbors, developers, city and elected officials to maintain & improve quality of life for our neighborhoods via development project proposals. We host monthly informational meetings
- Thomas More Catholic Church in South KC – (Since 2001-Present) I serve as a Lector (reader), Usher/Greeter & Eucharistic Minister
- Community & Police Relations Impact Project – New task force with the goal of improving police and community relationships in the Hickman Mills/South KC area, we support the student led efforts
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce – I served on the Kansas City Committee
Education Support Positions:
- Melcher Elementary School (KCMO School District)-Career Awareness Project through Friendship Baptist Church’s Adopt a School Program. We introduced 60+ various career professionals to 5th grade students.
- Hickman Mills School District 5 Year Strategic Plan – South KC community member/participant
- Metropolitan Community College – Longview Campus– Asked by the former President to serve on the former President’s Advisory Committee at the border of South KC.
- University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC)
-UMKC Womens’ Council – Board Member. We raise funds & give grants to women graduate students who are in need of financial assistance to help complete their education
-UMKC Alumni Association – Lifetime Member
REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT:
- Missouri Association of REALTORS & Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS –Served as a Professional Standards Ethics Panel member/chair, Mediator, Arbitrator & Ombudsman
- Past Missouri Association of REALTORS Salesperson of the Year (20,000+ members) & past Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS Salesperson of the Year (9,000+ members).. I was recognized by my peers for my adherence to the Code of Ethics, efforts to encourage good real estate practices, community service, contribution to my local association and sales volume.